Thomas Allen Wines and Covid-19
Thomas Allen Wines is still open for business and will continue to keep informed on all medical and governmental updates as they come to hand. Thomas Allen recognize the important role we all play in keeping our staff, customers and communities safe.
Here are the steps we are taking in the cellar door –
- We are being extra vigilant about hygiene and all employees have been reminded oF the importance of good personal hygiene practices;
- All visitors will be encouraged to use the available hand sanitiser at the entrance to our cellar door prior to your tasting;
- All tasting tables and spittoons are disinfected after each tasting, along with door handles, bathroom areas and point of sale equipment;
- All tasting tables are located at least 2 metres apart meeting the social distancing guidelines;
- We use the Winterhalter Glasswasher, one of the best on the market, which guarantees the highest standards of hygiene and cleanliness;
- Thomas Allen Wines do not take tour groups or large tasting bookings and hence our cellar door numbers are limited to predominantly wine club members and walk-in guests;
- ONLINE SALES: Of course our wines are available to purchase online at any time via thomasallenwines.com.au.
In relation to online sales, please find following the latest advice we have had from Australia Post in regards to wine deliveries –
Australia Post Update:
The Self Service Terminals at Post Offices will be temporarily unavailable to ensure customers and staff keep a safe distance from one another.
Further, to minimise the risk of contracting or spreading coronavirus, all parcels – be it at a post office or at a residence – will no longer require a signature for delivery or collection.
In all cases, whether a driver or postie delivers to the door or a customer goes in to their local Post Office to collect a parcel, an Australia Post staff member will ask and record the customer’s name and sign on their behalf.
The customer will still need to be present for this to occur, but contact will be minimised by either leaving the parcel at the door until the driver or postie has left the premises or left for the customer to pick up on the counter.
This is in addition to measures already introduced to protect our people, including asking customers to not visit our post offices if they are showing symptoms, and for all other customers to keep a distance of at least one metre from people, and continue to practice good hygiene.
We will continue to monitor the situation, and will keep you updated with any changes to trading.
Thank you to all of our loyal customers for your continued support, and stay safe.